Thursday, August 24, 2006

Oh, Patience....



Patient (pa’shent) adj. 1) calmly tolerating delay, confusion, inefficiency, etc 2) able to wait calmly for something desired 3) steady; diligent; persevering 4) the ability to wait or endure without complaint

Oh how I have been stretched and challenged these past few weeks in my ability to remain patient and wait. Now, as I am starting to settle into what these next few months are going to be like I am being taught what patience means. Sometimes I feel like a little girl standing before the Lord saying “How and why Lord? Please teach me how to be patient and help me to wait for your plan!” And then, at that point, I realize that I really have to completely rely on the Lord for my peace and that He alone can give me patience. I believe that part of my nature is to know details and I like to know how “everything” is going to logistically work. But with the recent departure of Joel and my parents has launched me into a time where I have NO control over how all the details are going to work out. So my prayer has been that the Lord will teach me the patience to wait and not worry over the details. And I pray that He will forgive me when my patience runs out!

No comments: