Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I love the US Postal service...

So I have decided that the common misconception of gun-toting angry postal workers is simply not true. I have made this observation a couple of times to my friends and usually there is rolling of eyes and a look of “For crying out loud Shannon, It’s the postman/woman.” But today I had to go to the post office and get some very important information. You see, my parents and Joel have both, in the past few days, left for the great country of India (though not quite as great as Canada, because nothing beats the great country of Canada!) Needless to say, these past few days have been hard for me as I begin to adjust and transition into a period of time of which I feel I have no control! But one consolation today was going to the post office and regaining a little control of how I handle sending letters and packages to the people I love and cherish deeply. After the very nice postal service woman explained all I needed to know and was patient with all my annoying questions; I left feeling happy, calm and accomplished. One thing that has been causing me a lot of worry is knowing how I will communicate to Joel and my parents while they are away and today helped calm some of that concern. So I say “Thank you United States Postal Service, you who deliver in wind, rain, sleet snow, earthquakes, attacks by aliens, while fighting a dragon or traversing great heights to deliver my mail! Thank you!” (Okay I’m just kidding, I think I just got carried away). But seriously, you all love to get snail mail, there is nothing better than opening up a card or letter from someone you love! So next time you see your friendly neighborhood mail carrier, tell them “Thank you”, they have eased a girl’s head and heart in Madison, WI!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You obviously haven't tried to mail anything in the great city of Philadelphia. Takes an hour just to buy stamps. Oh wait, maybe that just makes ME want to go postal. :)

Can you pass along Joel's mailing info?

Joel said...

Yes, I agree Canada is a great country but how many monkeys are in Canada? I heard that sometimes at the office where I'll be they use slingshots with marbles to fend off the monkeys. How cool is that?