Thursday, November 16, 2006

Sometimes You Just Need A Good Laugh....


So this blog entry may not seem funny to most of you but my fellow health care workers may just find this pretty funny! So at work today I happened upon a very funny story. In a recent office visit, I found quite an amusing note by one of our physicians. So I thought that I would post one of the funniest things I have read at work in a long time. (This is paraphrased by the way, my memory isn’t that good!)

“In retrospect, the patient believes that the right upper quadrant abdominal pain the patient experienced was due to eating copius amounts of dill pickle potato chips prior to experiencing the abdominal pain. In an effort to determine if this was the cause of the patient's abdominal pain, the patient decided to perform a dill pickle potato challenge; which resulted in the same abdominal pain. The patient has now d/c’d eating dill pickle potato chips and has not experienced abdominal pain as before. It appears that the abdominal pain has resolved upon d/c’ing the dill pickle potato chips. No further action needed at this time.”

Oh how I laughed! I attempted to read this note out to my fellow co-workers but I was laughing too hard! I hope you can enjoy, and be cautioned; apparently dill pickle potato chips can cause right upper quadrant abdominal pain.

No comments: