Thursday, July 06, 2006

A Perfect Summer Evening.....



Last night was a night that makes me thankful for being able to live in Madison, especially during the summer. I find this thought interesting because when I first moved to Madison I was CONVINCED that I was not going to stay here, no matter what it took! Boy, was I wrong and now I look back over the last three years and see how my heart has changed since then. I suppose I should actually say what made my night so wonderful. Last night, my "special someone" (Joel) and I went up to the square and listened to the Madison Symphony play a FREE outdoor concert, this was the first time I had experienced this and it was wonderful. What better way to spend an evening then to lay on the grass eating PB & J sandwiches with the one you love and listen to beautiful music! Then that magic question was asked......

"Hey Shannon, you want to go to the Union and get some ice cream?"

Ahhhh it's good for a man to know what makes a woman happy and ice cream is always a plus! (Right Jen!)

As we were sitting on a rock wall sharing our Babcock Hall ice cream we both stated that this evening is one of the reasons that Madison is a great place to live and especially spend the summer. And now as I look toward fall, which will bring a lot of hard changes in my life (My parents and Joel are moving to India, not to the same city, and not for the same reasons), I am realizing how I will look back on a warm, sunny evening in July and smile. And I am sure that this will get me through those cold days in November when my heart is missing some of the people I love most in my life, and hopefully it will lift my spirits and get me through until the first warm, sunny evening next summer.

No comments: